The diploma in information and communication technology is intended to provide student with a wide range of technical and technological skills required by the industry at the diploma level. The course is designed to provide a modular alternative structured course and there by take advantage of the varied I.T market. Successful completion of the course will lead students to B.Sc I.T in various universities in the country and some may get employment as middle managers in the industries.
Objective of the course
- To provide technical skills to enable students to meet the requirements for the industry and business today for operating and technical support expert in I.T
- Provide flexible modular alternative diploma course in information technology to take advantage in the I.T market.
The course is intended to produces personnel who:
- Have ability to use industry standard computer software and hardware are equipped with problem solving skills and can adopted in a fast changing technological world
- Will assist in system administration and networking in an organization
- Will be employed in service industries finance institution, productions organizations, research and consultancy and educational institutions
Pipeline courses in the department
The ICT department intends to introduce :
Certificate course in ICT. The candidate for the admission in the certificate course in ICT should certify the following minimum requirement :-
- A minimum grade C- or division III in K.C.S.E or an equivalent qualification recognized by the management of the college.
- Those who pass certificate qualify for diploma at the end of the first certificate course and if NOT shall not be allowed to continue.
- Those who obtained a credit or distention in certificate I shall proceed to diploma in stage II.
Diploma in computer science as a production unit course.
- The student must have an aggregate of C in KCSE and grade C in Maths and English.