FOOD AND BEVERAGE DEPARTMENT
Welcome to food and beverage department. This is a department that offers courses in Food and Beverage at certificate and diploma level. The department has qualified lecturers and has most of the modern equipment required for the practical lessons.
The certificate courses take duration of two years with a minimum entry qualification of D+ while the diploma courses in food and beverage management takes duration of three years.
The courses are intended to equip the trainee with knowledge skills and attitudes that will enable the trainee to perform supervision and managerial duties in a catering establishment.
The trainee should be able to carry out purchasing, production selling and service functions in a catering business and apply cost cutting measures to increase profit margins.
On completing of craft certificate the graduate can exit with employment or proceed to diploma level while those who complete diploma can either join a technical teacher training Institute for a diploma in Education, go into employment or join university for a bachelor degree in “Hospitality and Hotel management .
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To improve and maintain good standards of examinations results.
- To improve the enrolment of students at all the levels of courses on offer.
- To enable and improve the facilities and equipment in the department to attract future needs of the department
- To help trainee understand their courses ,aims and objectives for joining the courses on offer.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE OFFERED AT CRAFT LEVEL.
- To impart basic skills in Food production and Services.
- Learn how to operate basic kitchen equipment and restaurant equipment.
- To impart skills in large scale food production
- To expose trainee to industry environment
- To enable trainee put to practice skills in service to clients.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DIPLOMA TRAINING PROGRAMMES
- To develop skills which will be responsible and relevant to the countries human resources required at the middle level.
- To prepare the trainee so that can enter the worlds of employment with confidence for either salaried or self employment.
- To impart adequate skills which will enable the trainee to operate either as a craftsmen or middle supervisory functions?
Head of Department