BUSINESS STUDIES DEPARTMENT
The department of Business is made up of the Office of:
- HOS(BUSINESS MANAGEMENT)
- HOS(SALES AND MARETING)
Ramogi institute of Advanced Technology Business Studies department shall provide quality education and training, promote scholarship, service, innovation and creativity inculcate moral values for sustainable individual and societal development.
The main objectives of the department are to:
- To provide training focusing on Human resource management, General management service, procurement, Entrepreneurship, Sales and marketing, secretarial studies, accounting and finance.
- Undertake both academic and client driven researches.
- Provide consultancy Services in such core areas as project management, Human resource development, Entrepreneurship development and management, and policy analysis and research.
- Promote community services programs in business and related programs.
- Promote Co-operation and linkages between its core departments on the one hand and the local, regional and international organization and institutions.
We service all the other Departments offering business studies subjects to their students like Law, Accounts, Economics, Statistics/Q.T and Principle and practice of Management. We also offer entrepreneurship education, which is a KNEC/KIE and KASNEB Common unit to all students.
We intend to develop links with other organization and Institution in and outside the country to strengthen our Capacity and to come up with a student exchange Programmes.
THE DEPARTMENT’S SPECIALTY AND BRANDING.
As a Department, We are driven by the desire to offer Courses that are tailor-made to fit the students career choices as well as the contemporary job market demands. We take pride in offering relevant Courses that enable our students compete in the dynamic global job market as middle level managers, Accountants, Human Resource managers, Bankers, Financial analysts, Marketing executives, and administrators among others. We offer Programs at Higher National Diploma (HRM), Diploma and Certificate Levels. We recognize the demand for flexible study programs and therefore offer our programs in three different study schedules namely: fulltime bases, part-time and school based learning.
The Department is stocked with carefully selected business references materials. In addition there is unlimited access to research Project report and Business plans that have been written over the year. The Department also intends to start .The Business Resource Centre and to expand it in terms of materials and space to cater for increased number of students in the school. We also intend to set up a well equipped computer lab with internet connection for our students and staff.
STUDENT PROFILE AND DESTINATIONS
The courses offered at the Department are o spring board to high profile job in the corporate sector like management, Banking, Human Resource management, Accounting and finance. There is an increasing Demand for trained managers and Human resources managers in both public and private sector and hence the popularity of our programs. The course offered in the Department of Business open a wide range of career opportunities from which our students can choose.
Department of Business programs are offered in:
1. RIAT HILL CAMPUS
2. OFAFA MEMORIAL HALL(TOWN CAMPUS)
As a Department, We have plans underway for the following:
· To enhance linkage with other international institution.
· To enhance linkage with the industry and the public sector to offer short courses in various management areas.
· To promote research and consultancy
· To organize national Symposiums
· To launch a department formal
· To start course in transport management, cleaning and forwarding and tourism management
For more information, please contact:
The Head of Department,
Department of Business Studies
Ramogi Institute of Advanced Technology
P. O .BOX 1738
KISUMU, 40100, KENYA