Welcome to automotive department at Ramogi institute of advanced technology. This department is among the departments that are still in the formative stage. The college intends to put up a modern workshop to meet the emerging changes and challenges of the modern automobile therefore;
The department has purchased an autoboss scanner that is very instrumental in assisting the diagnostic of modern car. The scanner can diagnose all electronic controlled vehicle engine management systems, transmission, chassis components and body components for Asian cars, European car and Chinese cars.
This service is currently being offered at Kshs 1,500/=. arrangement can be made for us to visit the client or the client can come for the services at the college.
The need for continuous supply of qualified automotive technicians to meet the
- Demand of the industry has always been recognized.
- Currently there is a deliberate and more aggressive effort to expand and improve the quality of training in automotive department in line with TIVET goals
- The trend nowadays is to have fully electronically controlled vehicles right from the engine management systems, gearboxes, door and even windows for security systems.
- The disparities in the training standards and the requirement of the industries are currently being addressed by equipping the department with modern equipment.
Mandate Of The Department
- To provide automotive training for self reliance to graduates of primary / secondary schools to enable them enter the job market either as self employed or salaried workers.
- To provide skill upgrading courses to people already in the job market.
- To provide an entrepreneurial culture to the graduates for self reliance.
- To engage in applied research to promote innovation and appropriate technology.
Objectives of the department.
- To improve and sustain high standards of performance in examinations.
- To attract and sustain a feasible enrolment level in all courses.
- To improve physical facilities to accommodate the current and future needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values in the trainee
Current Status Of Department
The automotive department was started in 1984. As part of the expansion of the institutional training levels. Without a proper workshop, two classrooms and office space were converted into what presently referred to as automotive workshop.