Industrial work Experiences/Field practicum is an integrated part of our curriculum. It is required that every student should undergo a minimum of 660 hrs for industrial work as stipulated in the Kenya Institute of Education(KIE) syllabus and examined by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC). This has to be done before presentation of the student to final examination.
The purpose of this exercise is to try as much as possible to make the training relevant to the job requirements in industry. It is hoped this could be achieved through the following
- Exposing students to industrial/Business/Social work culture through actual involvement in real work in real work environment.
- Providing opportunities to students to apply skills acquired through formed institution in a real work situation.
- Exposing students to technologies which are not available to them at the institute.
- Building confidence in Technical operation, problem solving, team work and working with professional in the world of work.
Sustainable linkage between the institution and the industry
To provide innovative, responsible, responsive quarterly, quality and efferent placement, suspension, assessment and awards of industrial attachment programmes.
- Develop and promote institutional – industrial linkages.
- Expose students to actual field of work through industrial attachment.
- To develop students positive attitude towards work through visits and supervision of industrial attachment programmes.